So I’ve seen a lot of stuff this year but what have I really enjoyed. Here’s a list for all the stuff I’ve seen this year. All these programs, books etc scored a full 4/4 or 10/10 depending on what it is.
Starting with : Anime
1. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
1. Gone Baby Gone 2. Perfect Getaway 3. Inception 4. Moon 5. I Love You Phillip Morris
1. Unwind by Neal Shusterman 2. Retribution Falls by Chris Wooding 3. The Dragon Factory by Jonathan Maberry 4. Apartment 16 by Adam Nevill 5. Zombie edited by Christopher Goldrn
1. Mass Effect 2. Mass Effect 2 3. Heavy Rain 4. Alan Wake 5. Risen 6. Two Worlds
1. BBC’s Life 2. NCIS season 1-6 3. The Wire all seasons 4. Fringe seasons 1-2
“People are taking the piss out of you everyday. They butt into your life, take a cheap shot at you and then disappear. They leer at you from tall buildings and make you feel small. They make flippant comments from buses that imply you’re not sexy enough and that all the fun is happening somewhere else. They are on TV making your girlfriend feel inadequate. They have access to the most sophisticated technology the world has ever seen and they bully you with it. They are The Advertisers and they are laughing at you.
You, however, are forbidden to touch them. Trademarks, intellectual property rights and copyright law mean advertisers can say what they like wherever they like with total impunity.
Fuck that. Any advert in a public space that gives you no choice whether you see it or not is yours. It’s yours to take, re-arrange and re-use. You can do whatever you like with it. Asking for permission is like asking to keep a rock someone just threw at your head.
“No matter what the actual truth of the Assange case may be, the effect this has on women who are raped is profound, and profoundly terrible. Because it teaches them that, if enough people like your rapist, it is literally unsafe and unacceptable for you to report your own rape.”—Sady Doyle (via sarahgraham7)
Real women are tall. Real women are short. They’re wide. Gaunt. Their bones can stick out of their collarbones, or be disguised by curves or fat. There are real women with breasts and real women with flat chests. There are real women who have had to have their…